Wednesday 9 December 2009

Proposal

I started looking at the theme; spaces, places and objects. I started by looking at documenting places that are occupied by the left of centered occupations, people at the fringe of society. This led me to two places in particular being a Funeral Parlor and Also a care home. This was intriguing me with the objects around the places so I did a fish eye project looking at objects through a different perspective. From looking at this I thought how could I include different spaces and places into my project so I moved into looking at abandoned spaces after discovering a few. This was providing good opportunity to photograph different objects that occupy spaces, showing collections of people and their lives from the mess left behind. This offers insights into different personalities etc. I now hope to go back to the different occupations and link it in with the work I have already developed, perhaps contrasting some places and objects to ones I have already captured. I will be aiming to Re create a sense of scale with objects, Photography everyday objects we don’t pay attention too, for example fire extinguishers, they are a bright red colour, and a funny shape that we often don’t realise are there or are too used to them being there we don’t pay any attention, even though they play a big role in our lives we automatically remove their function.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers