Saturday 3 October 2009

Street Portraits

For our task involving the street we live on, I had to select a set of three final images for each of the three themes given, however for the portraits i felt this set of five work better together. The two red tops hold the picture together. I asked each person to write on the piece of paper how they would describe the road. I think the most effective image is the one of the lady. I didnt know who she was but she told me her and her husband were painters, the lighting and the pose of the lady make the image. For the family member i chose my little brother, his take on the road was what most 14 year old boys would be, boring. After looking at the work of Gillian Wearing and her project called 'signs that say what you want them to say', this is what gave me the idea for my portraits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers